Whether you’re creating your own Scarecrow, or heading out to Walk and Gawk – this is a fun, safe way to enjoy some Halloween fun!
From the organizers:
The Walk & Gawk Contest is open to individuals residing in Centre Wellington. Only “homemade scarecrows” with an address location and fully filled out entry submission will be on the tour map and included in the contest.
Create as many scarecrow creations as you like, but please know only one scarecrow per household/business will be eligible for a prize. Creations must be homemade and not commercially purchased. They can be any type of 3D (not drawings please) monster, princess, scarecrow or zombie. Do what you like, just keep it appropriate for all ages.
Please email a photo of your creation to email@example.com and you will be given a number with which to print out or hand draw in a large bold format (no smaller than 8” high) and place out with your creation.
Each creation must be visible on your own property.
Place your scarecrow out on your property no later than October 20. It must kept in place and in good condition until October 31.
The closest intersection to where you are located will be placed on a map and made available online so Gawkers can drive or walk by, view and vote on your creation.
Winners will be announced October 30th and asked to send in a second scarecrow photo, preferably with the creator(s). Prizes will be dropped off accordingly.
- When walking or driving the tour PLEASE adhere to pandemic safe distancing.
- Voting is open to anyone taking the tour.
- Tour maps will be made available online www.monstermonth.ca.
- Voters are asked to email using the subject line “scarecrow” and in the email body only the number of your chosen favourite scarecrow on display. EMAIL YOUR VOTE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prizes will be given to the top three voted winners.