Got plans this New Year’s Eve? Change them.
Elora is the place to be.
As the party winds down for Canada’s 150th, we’re going to make sure it goes out with a bang! And what better place to do it up right than the beautiful village of Elora. When this community comes together, we like to throw a party and everyone is invited!
And we mean everyone. Enjoy an evening of family-friendly festivities throughout the town, presented by the Centre Wellington Community Foundation and the Township of Centre Wellington.
The festivities begin at 7pm and end with the pyrotechnic show at 11pm.
Plan for fun:
- Enjoy live entertainment on the Rotary Stage from 7 to 11pm featuring renowned local musicians Poverty’s Arse with guest fiddler Aaron Soloman and a performance by Musical Duo Foghorn Saxhorn
- Greet the strolling street performers
- Attend a special free screening of “Helicopter Canada” at the Gorge Cinema featuring local footage and artists
- Take the kids to the Elora Information Centre to enjoy some fun kid-friendly activities
- Stop into the live video booth
- Enjoy free hot chocolate served up by the First Fergus Scouts and rest up in the warming station provided by the Elora’s Royal Canadian Legion
- Watch live local TV coverage of the event
- Join Township of Centre Wellington Mayor Kelly Linton as he greets the crowd with New Year’s Eve wishes
- Oooh and ahhh as we light up the night sky with a pyrotechnic show beginning at 11pm
Coming from Fergus or out of town? Shuttle buses will help get you there. CW Hydro is sponsoring a shuttle from the Fergus Library straight to the Elora Information Centre, beginning at 6:45pm and running until 11:45pm, departing every 30 minutes.
What year it’s been … what a year it will be!
We’ll see you here soon.