Riverfest Elora 2017
Sure, you’ve been to lots of music festivals, but you’ve not had an experience until you’ve been to Riverfest Elora. That’s cool. There’s room. But hurry, ‘cause it’s about to get real. Welcome to one of the best music festivals in Ontario – small enough to keep it real – big enough to make it one of the best experiences of your summer. Pick your day or come for the weekend: August 18-20.
(2016 performance by Walk Off The Earth)
Down by the river …
Located in Bissell Park along the banks of the Grand River, in the picturesque town that bears its name, Riverfest Elora has grown into an epic three-day showcase of diverse, amazing music on 3 separate stages.
These stages have welcomed acts like the Arkells, Walk Off the Earth, The Sheep Dogs, Metric, Hey Rosetta!, Wintersleep, New Pornographers, Alan Doyle, Serena Ryder, Blue Rodeo and Bruce Cockburn. We could go on. In fact, we will:The Zolas, The Strumbellas, Messenjah, The Planet Smashers, 54-40. That’s just the tip of the music scale. From funk to reggae, hip hop to folk, electronic dance and good old fashioned rock’n roll, each year the line-up is a musical mosaic of awesome. It’s a history of performances that has raised this small community festival to a major contender on the music festival scene.
This year is no different. Monster Truck. Mother Mother. MGMT. Gogol Bordello. K. Flay. USS. DJ Jazzy Jeff and Skratch Bastid. Sloan. There’s more, but we’ll stop now.
Check out the line-up and full schedule for Riverfest 2017: Schedule Riverfest Elora 2017
(Riverfest 2016 – Kardinal Offishall)
Don’t leave home without:
- Your tickets. If you’ve got them on your phone, then don’t forget your phone.
- There are ATMs on-site, but cash is king. Best to have some handy.
- Empty reusable water bottles from home. There is a potable water station on-site to fill and refill your water bottles. Or, you can purchase a Riverfest Mug for $6.
- Do you have a Riverfest Mug from previous years? Bring that. Or, see above.
- Lawn chairs are cool. Blankets are better, because they are blankets, right?
- Snacks are okay. But trust us, the food trucks are way better.
- It won’t rain. It will not rain. There will be NO rain. But if it sprinkles, maybe be prepared for that. We will still dance. But don’t worry. It won’t rain.
- A great attitude, because attitude is everything, (see above).
Get on the bus.
The wheels on the bus go ‘round and ‘round … sing it! Avoid the challenges of limited parking and hop on the bus right to the gate of Riverfest Elora. Three shuttle buses, from Guelph, Fergus and throughout Elora will run a continuous loop throughout the festival for FREE! (with a Riverfest Elora ticket).
NOTE: There is absolutely NO parking on the grounds of Riverfest Elora. None. Zip. Besides, buses are way more fun.
Everything you need to know about bus schedules and parking, including wheelchair accessible parking and bike lock-ups is here: Getting to Riverfest
There is one gate for entry into the festival. It’s located on the west side of the park off Melville Street. Go there. Show your tickets. Buy tickets. Meet friends. Make friends. This is the spot.
The Riverfest Elora map will give you the lay of the land. You’ll find it here: http://riverfestelora.com/map/
A little advice …
- Wristband admission allows you to come and go throughout the weekend. Make sure you get out and visit Elora. You’ll like it. Grab lunch, enjoy a patio, do a little shopping. Explore. Check out why this town is the ultimate spot for a festival like this.
- Stay hydrated, by whatever definition that means to you.
- If you are bringing the kiddos consider bringing headphones for them. Protect their wee ears.
- No pets allowed, no matter how cute your dog is.
- Have enough cash to go shopping, because the Artisan Alley is awesome.
- There will be merchandise and you know you’ll want a concert shirt. It never gets old. So be sure to check it out.
- Tour the whole site. Don’t miss anything.
- Take the shuttle bus. Think of the friends you’ll make.
Follow us @visitelorafergus on Instagram for more photos and event coverage live from the event! #bythegrand #visitelorafergus
And have the best time, because Riverfest Elora is always good time.