Elora Fergus Studio Tour
19 September 2017
Meet the makers.
The 2018 Elora Fergus Studio Tour is September 22-23 and September 29-30.
It’s one thing to appreciate art; it’s another thing altogether to see where the creative process begins, where the art is made and meet the artist in person.
The Elora Fergus Studio Tour is two weekends of inspired discovery. A total of 36 artists working in various mediums open the doors to their creative spaces just to welcome you in. It’s a wonderful way to tour our communities, from the historical downtowns to the rural routes that surround us. Take a free, self-guided tour and follow the map. The journey is up to you!
The best place to begin the Fergus Elora Studio Tour is at the Elora Centre for the Arts. Here you will find:
- The Fergus Elora Studio Tour Exhibit, featuring individual art pieces from participating artists
- Free Fergus Elora Studio Tour Maps with easy to follow directions
- Friendly people who can answer questions about the tour and the towns
- Tours of the Elora Centre for the Arts, one of Elora’s cherished heritage buildings
- Public washrooms
- Free Parking
How to get around:
The beautiful thing about this tour is the many ways you can experience it. Walk. Ride. Drive. Carpool with your friends. Come in a pack. Go it alone.
In Elora, we suggest you park at the Elora Centre for the Arts and put your walking shoes on. You can tour many of the studios by foot easily from this location.
NOTE: Current road construction between Colborne Street & Mill Street West have closed that portion of the route to vehicles, but access is still available on foot. Don’t let the construction stop you for exploring the artists in this neighbourhood.
Cyclists will enjoy the ride to and from Elora and Fergus, allowing a great adventure with many artist’s sites accessible by bike. Connect between the towns via the Elora Cataract Trail
Drive the route and enjoy free parking wherever you turn. This is the best way to experience the rural studios and the edge-of-town sites you don’t want to miss.
Watch for the purple and steel sandwich board signs along the routes to clearly identify studio locations.
The best way to enjoy the Fergus Elora Studio Tour
- Keep an open mind. Art is about exploration. artists whose work is unfamiliar to you. Check out mediums that are new to you.
- Ask great questions. There are no wrong questions. These artists are welcoming you to their creative spaces. They want to talk about their art and teach people about the process. Ask away!
- This may sound funny, but wear shoes you can kick off and put on easily. Just in case.
- Be sure to check out downtown Fergus and Elora and make a day of it!