- This event has passed.
READY, SET, ROMP!
Celebrate the Harvest season with the 11th annual Taste Real Fall Rural Romp on Saturday, Sept. 30.
Rompers will have the opportunity to taste their way through southern Wellington County and into Guelph on this self-guided farm and food tour that features 14 participating locations, including some fabulous locations in Fergus, Elora, Belwood and Ariss:
ELORA FARMERS’ MARKET
127 East Mill St., ELORA (Bissell Park)
GPS 43.682692, -80.425977
T 519.846.1396 | www.elorafarmersmarket.com
Spend the morning in beautiful Bissell Park and meet the people who grow your food. Enjoy live music while having breakfast. Participate in the Harvest Food Demo and pick up all the great local produce you need for the week. Free buggy rides through Elora’s old town centre, donations for the food bank welcome. The market is open from 9:00am – 1:00pm.
HARMONY MEADOWS ALPACA
6185 Sixth Line, BELWOOD
GPS 43.7431, -80.2736
T 519.841.5055 | www.harmonymeadowsalpaca.ca
Our Alpacas are looking forward to meeting you! Visit our farm to learn all about keeping alpacas, and the many uses of alpaca fibre. Hang out with our free range chickens and browse the farm store where you can find beautiful alpaca products, eggs, honey and other local goodies. Make sure to bring your camera to take some fun felfie’s with our alpacas!
LITTLETREE GARDEN MARKET
17 Side Road 18, FERGUS
GPS 43.716664, -80.395338
T 519.843.5394 | www.littletreegardenmarket.ca
Love the Fall? Love buying local? Love Food?! Be sure to include LittleTree for a complete Rural Romp! Sample locally produced preserves, cheeses, hot sauces and more. Leave with everything you need to decorate and host your fall harvest dinner party!
TOP MARKET MEATS
5887 Splint Rd., ARISS
GPS 43.579253, -80.404101
T 519.716.9464 | www.topmarketmeats.ca
Join us for a farm fun day! Tour our 5th generation family farm and enjoy the day feeding the goats, visiting Dozer the Donkey and Elmo the pony. Feed our fun piglets, collect some chicken eggs and meet Jr. Farmer Lizzy and Johnny’s 4H lamb’s. The Farm Store is open and we’ll be firing up the BBQ from 12:00pm – 2:00pm featuring our gluten free meat products and more.
Romp Trip Tips
- Bring a cooler. Keep the food you purchase along the romp fresh and safe.
- Bring cash. Many locations don’t accept debit or credit.
- Leave your pets at home. Many farms do not allow pets on their property.
- Wear proper clothing. There are places where you will have the chance to get dirty so dress appropriately.
- Bring your wellies! The event occurs rain or shine so bring plenty of layers and a raincoat.
- Bring your camera. And don’t forget to enter our photo contest!
- Pick up a map. Download and print the Rural Romp map from our website or pick one up at any of the Rural Romp destinations. Directional signage is located along the Romp to help you find your way.
Taste real Locations are part of the Centre Wellington and Guelph Culture days! Get your passport stamped on the Romp.