Gather together and wander along … all you need is a costume and you’ll belong.
The Monster March
Get your Halloween ON! The annual Monster March Parade is a tradition of family-friendly fun that brings out the ghouls, the zombies, and yes, the princesses and Super Heroes too. You’ve never experienced a Halloween event like this!
- A costumed event open to anyone, of any age.
- A non-motorized parade that winds through the main street of Elora.
- The event is FREE to participate in, and of course, free to watch.
- Monsters gather at MacDonald Square, outside the Township of Centre Wellington’s Municipal Offices at 6pm.
- The parade begins at 6:30pm.
- It takes approximately 30 minutes to walk the parade route.
- It’s a casual walk, so just enjoy the stroll and walk along.
- Feel free to play some fun Halloween-themed music to keep everyone in your Monster posse in step. (Organizers ask that you only play Halloween music, because Monsters don’t like the Back Street Boys. This is a fact. Ask any Monster.)
- Dogs dressed in costume are welcome too! (Because who doesn’t love a wiener dog dressed like a hot dog, am I right?)
The Monster Route:
The route follows Metcalfe Street South to Mill Street East and follows to the Elora Centre of the Arts on Melville Street. Road closures will be in place along these routes.
Marching your little monsters? Here’s a few tips to keep them safe:
- Make sure they can see clearly if wearing a mask or anything around their faces. Let’s keep the Monsters marching.
- Be sure they won’t trip on the longer costumes. Monsters don’t like ouchies.
- It will be getting dark early, so be sure the kids have reflective marks on their costumes (we’re thinking post-parade safety for when you walk back to your car, home, Monster castle).
- We highly recommend glow sticks or flash lights, (even though we all know Monsters are not afraid of the dark).
- The event is rain or moonshine. It won’t rain. And even if it does, only the Wicked Witch melted with water, so we’re safe.
- Dress layered for the weather because even Monsters get chilly.
- Strollers and wagons are a great option, because you don’t want cranky Monsters on the walk. Maybe pack a snack too, because well … cranky.
Don’t forget your non-perishable food donations! Volunteers will be collecting food and cash donations along the Monster March Parade route to support the Centre Wellington Food Bank.